From oct 2010 my educational posts are published only on Pip

10 aug. 2011

The Future and History in the Balenciaga fall collection



I didn't think that the Balenciaga fall collection looked that interesting on the catwalk images but when you see it in this context it looks fantastic. I love how the brands use their campaigns to make us understand and want to be a part of their dreams and aims.

I connected the geometrics and bright colors with the 60s and the trousers felt teenage trashy, but with the background of the medieval I'm almost getting a strange steam punk association. And being presented to the inspiration image below (taken from the Balenciaga site) I find that they manage to put both the Dark Age, the 60s and the 40s together to the Future.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar