From oct 2010 my educational posts are published only on Pip

22 apr. 2012

Jackie Chan vs. Classic Hollywood

I got a box with 6 Gene Kelly movies from my father in law. Yesterday we watched Sailors Aweigh, my eight years old daughter and I. The voice of Frank Sinatra is still going strong, while the warbling arias of Kathryn Grayson are hard to understand. No wailing of modern times beats the Snow White-like staccatos, but our ears are not used to these constantly high tones.

It strikes me how Gene Kelly has the same way of moving, the same explosive and precise control as Jackie Chan - or rather the other way around - and this you never get tired of. He is so impressive! And I learned from @Jimpy_ that I'm not the first one with the thought. Watch this wonderful video of Jackie Chan vs. Classic Hollywood!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar